New to Fremont Oktoberfest? Or can't remember last year?
Here's what you need to know:
- Fremont Oktoberfest requires a ticket and is 21+ on Friday and Saturday.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Guests under 21 are allowed into the event (Sunday Only) for free with a paying adult.
Want the scoop on tokens, tasting mugs, steins and more? Click Here and Read On because we are about to school you on how to do Oktoberfest, Fremont style. For real, this is the best page to read on the whole website.
- Friday, September 18 -- 5:00pm-12:00midnight* (21+ Only)
- Saturday, September 19 -- 11:00am-12:00midnight* (21+ Only)
- Sunday, September 20 -- 11:00am-6:00pm** (Guests under 21 admitted for free when accompanied by paying adult)
- *Entrance closes at 11:00pm, last call is at 11:15pm, and taps are closed for the evening on Friday and Saturday nights at 11:30pm
- **Entrance closes at 5:00pm, last call is at 5:15pm, and taps are closed for the evening on Sunday at 5:30pm
- Friday and Saturday are strictly 21+ Only. For real, no babies, screaming toddlers (or quiet ones). We mean it. They aren't over 21.
- Sunday, Guests under 21 are welcome to attend, and are free when accompanied by a paying adult). Dogs are allowed on Sunday only.
- Please know your limit and have a safe tasting experience. Be respectful, drink responsibly, and call a cab. We're watching you.
Want to shop early for Fremont Oktoberfest shirts? Buy online and have it shipped in time before the event to wear your Oktoberfest gear to the festival. Men's and Women's Shirts and Sweatshirts are available for purchase online now. Click to View the Online Store.
Like us that much, huh? Fremont Oktoberfest is produced by Bold Hat Productions and is a benefit for the Fremont Chamber of Commerce.
VOLUNTEER INQUIRES: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPONSORSHIP INQUIRES: email@example.com
EXHIBITOR INQUIRES: firstname.lastname@example.org
DRINK FOR A CAUSE
Fremont Oktoberfest benefits the Fremont Chamber of Commerce, supporting local schools, art groups, community events, and promoting Fremont as the “Center of the Universe.”
FREMONT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
They're pretty cool. Check 'em out. www.fremont.com
Where is Fremont Oktoberfest?
When is Fremont Oktoberfest 2015?
That's easy. September 18-20, 2015. View festival hours.
What if it's raining?
You live in Seattle. You know it rains. We are here rain or shine. In case you are new, here are a couple of ideas to keep you dry:
1. Add a Fremont twist to traditional Oktoberfest attire and wear your Hunter boots and umbrella.
2. No umbrella? No boots? No North Face rain jacket? We gotcha covered - literally. Hang out with us in the Buxom Beer Garden and the Fremont Oktoberfest Sports Bar (indoors Fremont Studios). Both areas are completely covered.
3. Buy a Fremont Oktoberfest hoodie at one of our two Merchandise booths.
What areas are 21+?
Fremont Oktoberfest on Friday and Saturday is stricly 21+. And we aren't kidding. This means no babies, no toddlers, no iguanas. (But dogs are allowed on Sunday because who doesn't love a pooch?) Also, bring your valid ID. We like you, but we don't trust you yet. Exception to the rule, dogs are allowed on Sunday.
On Sunday, guests under 21 are free to attend when accompanied with a paying adult.
Where can I find parking?
Don't drive. Be safe and take a cab, Uber, Lift or the good 'ol Metro. If YOU HAVE TO drive, Fremont has lots of street parking available. There are also many U-Park lots in the vicinity as well.
The following paid parking lots will be available during the event:
- Lot at 34th and Evanston, behind the Red Door.
- Getty Images underground parking garage on Canal St.
- U-Park Lot at 900 N. 34th.
- U-Park Lot at 720 N. 35th
- U-Park Lot at 910 N. Northlake Way
- U-Park Lot at 606 N. 34th St.
- U-Park Lot at 501 N. 34th St.
- U-Park Lot at 600 N. 36th St.
- U-Park Lot at 1050 N. 34th St.
And for you hipster Seattlites who ride your bike everywhere, pedal your bicycle down to the festival via the Burke Gilman Trail and park your two-wheeled ride in the Bike Corral. Be sure to bring your own bike lock.
Is public transportation available?
Take a Bus:
To find a route nearest you click here.
Take a Cab:
- Yellow Cab: 206-622-6500
- Gray Top Cab: 206-282-8222
- Orange Cab: 206-552-8800
- Redtop Cab: 206-789-4949
Where should I stay overnight?
Hotel Nexus is conveniently located in North Seattle in the Northgate neighborhood. Please call 1-800-435-0745 to book your stay.
The Watertown Hotel is conveniently located in the University District. Please call 1-866-866-7977 for your reservation.
How much does it cost?
- $20 Festival Only Admission: Includes entry into the festival and 4 non-alcoholic beverage vouchers (Mini-mug or tokens are NOT included in Festival Only admission)
- $25 General Admission: 5 tasting tokens and a mini-mug*
- $30 Grand Admission: 10 tasting tokens and a mini-mug*
Buy your tickets in advance online and SAVE $10! Prices increase Friday September 18, 2014 to the following:
- $25 Festival Only Admission: Includes festival into the festival and 4 non-alcoholic beverage vouchers (Mini-mug or tokens are NOT included in Festival Only admission)
- $35 General Admission: 5 tasting tokens and a mini-mug*
- $40 Grand Admission: 10 tasting tokens and a mini-mug*
Tickets can be purchased online or at the event entrance.
A taste is one token (unless otherwise noted). Additional tokens may be purchased individually or in packages inside the Tasting Garden at the Merchandise Booth. Mini mugs are available while supplies last.
Can I buy advance tickets?
Heck yes. 2015 Fremont Oktoberfest advance tickets go on sale in August 3, 2015. At the event, present your ticket at the door for a 5 oz mini mug and tokens. Souvenir mugs are available while supplies last. Buy tickets.
How do the online tickets work?
You must have the print out of the tickets you purchased online or the barcode on your phone in order to get into the Fremont Oktoberfest Tasting Garden. No reprinting capacities are at the festival. #sorrynotsorry
What is the appropriate ID to get in?
The WA Liquor Control Board will accept 1) a driver's license with a photo from any state; 2) a current passport; 3) a DMV identification card; and 4) a military card. The state identification card and/or the military card must bear a picture of the person, the person's name, address, date of birth, a physical description and the signature of the person.
What is the Guest Conduct Policy?
The festival has a strict alcohol policy that is designed to protect the guests, the general public and us from alcohol related incidents. All festival guests are expected to maintain responsible and appropriate behavior at all times. Any behavior defying the guest conduct policy as determined by event management can result in ejection and possible arrest. We're serious.
Event management has the right to refuse entry to any guest deemed intoxicated upon arrival to the Festival. Additionally, the festival has the right to remove any guest from the premises who is intoxicated or causing a disturbance or is potentially dangerous to himself/herself or other guests.
Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way because you were a jerk.
In case we need to spell it out for you. Innapropriate behavior is:
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Bringing weapons of any kind in to festival
- Interference with the event, or participants of the event in any way
- Throwing, tossing, or discharging any object
- Standing on chairs/seats
- Taunting or using offensive language
- Disturbing other guests enjoyment of the event
- Failure to comply with festival personnel
- Violating festival rules, regulations, and policies
- Violating any local, state, or federal laws
- Alcohol brought from outside the festival
- Attempting to enter the festival with a fraudulent ID
The festival reserves the right to deny entry or eject from the facility guests displaying inappropriate behavior, as determined by event management. Get it?
Credit cards or checks?
We accept Visa, Mastercard and cash for payment of admission. We do not accept checks. What are you from the 1980s? Note: The Buxom Beer Garden and the Fremont Oktoberfest Sports Bar (inside of Fremont Studios) are cash only. Don't worry, we will have ATMs in both locations.
Can I bring my child?
Only on Sunday. Friday and Saturday are strictly 21+. On Sunday, guests under 21 are welcome to attend for free as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult. Otherwise, no kids. No babies. Non. Zero. Zip. Nada. Unless it's Sunday, when we have a bunch of kids and family activities planned.
WTF are these tokens you speak of?
Plastic tokens are included in General Admission (5 tokens) and Grand Admission (10 tokens), and are used like money to purchase tastes of beer with your 5 oz mini-mug, which is also included with your admission. Each token is good for one fill-up of your mini-mug. Got it?
How to use them:
We have over 100 seasonal beers to taste, so explore the Tasting Garden, find beers you want to try, give the servers your mini-mug and a token, and you’re all set.
Worried about running out?
Oh no, out of tokens?? Don’t panic, you can buy more at our Merchandise Booth.
Can I use tokens for steins or boots?
Can I use the old wooden tokens?
You can try, but it won’t work. Muah-ha-ha. We will be switching out our token colors every year to prevent you hoarders from re-using them.
When do admission/token sales end?
Be aware of the following when scheduling your visit to the Tasting Garden. We want you to be happy. So arrive early and allow yourself plenty of time to enjoy the festival.
- Friday: Entrance closes and token sales end at 11:00pm, taps shut down at 11:30pm, festival closes at 12:00am
- Saturday: Entrance closes and token sales end at 11:00pm, taps shut down at 11:30pm, festival closes at 12:00am
- Sunday: Entrance closes and token sales end at 5:00pm, taps shut down at 5:30pm, festival closes at 6:00pm
What's up with the mini-mug?
A 5 oz commemorative acrylic mini-mug is included with General Admission and Grand Admission.
How to fill up your mini-mug:
Choose from over 100 seasonal brews and decide what you want to try. Give the volunteers your mini-mug and a token, and they’ll fill you up.
Tastes add up -- don’t be deceived by its small stature, the mini-mug packs a punch (in the face).
When do taps shut down?
- Friday: Taps shut down at 11:30pm, festival closes at 12:00am
- Saturday: Taps shut down at 11:30pm, festival closes at 12:00am
- Sunday: Taps shut down at 5:30pm, festival closes at 6:00pm
A last call will be announced 15 minutes before the beer taps shut down.
Is there any food at the Festival?
Is smoking allowed?
Fremont Oktoberfest is an outdoor event and smoking is permitted. We ask that you use the trash receptacles, do not litter, and be respectful of other guests.
What about designated drivers?
If you are part of a group and plan to drink, assign a designated driver or take a taxi. Designated drivers can purchase a Festival Only Admission which is $20 and includes 4 non alcoholic beverage vouchers.
Fremont Oktoberfest is an outdoor event and smoking is permitted. We ask that you do not litter, use the trash receptacles and be respectful of other guests. There is also a Cigar Lounge located near the back gate that sells cigars and has ash trays for guests to use.
Please know your limit and have a safe tasting experience. It's just the right thing to do. Be respectful, drink responsibly and call a cab.